Rabu, 04 Juni 2008

Difficult to Speak English???

When I was at college, I used to speak English most of the time since I took English Education as my major. At college, some of my friends and I decided to use English language as a medium of communication in order to improve our English speaking ability. Along with the time, our English gets better and better. Some of my friends say that my way of speaking English is interesting and unique. After graduation, I decided to go home and started teaching English at Vocational High school. Teaching English in my hometown does not require me to speak English all the time when I teach. I use Indonesian language to explain and less use of English in the class because students cannot understand English spoken very well. Maybe the percentage is 60:40, Indonesian 60 and English 40 percent. These few days, I have realized and found that my spoken English is declining and it’s hard to find the right utterances when I want to speak English. Here, I have no friends to speak to, and thus it makes my practice time gets low and sometimes I just speak to myself.

1 komentar:

Anonim mengatakan...

it is not you who should lessen your speaking English in class but your students who should use more English.
in the beginning, everything will be hard, but we have to try at least. if you discourage them by using Bahasa more than English, they will never use English well. we all have known why we get so little English in school after 12 years of studying. it is because the old method says that it will not be effective for big classes to have spoken English. it is not all true. it is still possible for big classes to learn English effectively. the thing that we need to change is the method. Vocational Schools are supposed to give their students enough skills for their future, including communication skill with English.

peace,
wex

ps: i am sorry to hear about your brother. i hope he will be given wisdom.

My Lit Sister and My Niece

My Lit Sister and My Niece

My Niece and Nephew

My Niece and Nephew
Lucu-Lucu dan Ganteng