Senin, 31 Maret 2008

Reading two blogs: Reaching dreams

Coincidentally, this afternoon I came across two my former lecturers’ blogs. These two former lecturers taught me when I was studying at Sanata Dharma University Jogjakarta. They are Mr. Markus and Ms. Indrianti, and frankly speaking, both of them are intelligent. At the very first time, I read Mr. Markus’ blog. His blog is interesting for me in terms of his stories in dealing with life. It clearly tells to me how he started his college at USD, graduated and taught at his almameter and got a master scholarship at Boston University in the US in 2001. Mr. Markus’ blog inspires me in struggling to get scholarships as he did. In the blog, he also expressed his happiness coz starting September 2007; he will be studying in the US again to get a PhD degree at Loyola University Chicago. Mr. Markus, once again, gets another scholarship and this time is as a result of Jesuit Universities cooperation. There is only one problem which bothers Mr. Markus this time, which is his family. He tries to bring along his families with him. I hope he can do that. The second blog is Ms. Indrianti’s Blog. Ms. Indri is a young lecturer when I was at USD, she maybe 25 years old. Unlike Mr. Markus who has reached the age of 34 years old. In her blog, Ms. Indri tells me her stories when she became a teaching assistant at The University of Hawaii at Manoa in the US. She wrote about the beauty of Hawaiian beaches, climates and of course her first time snowy day. She said that her experiences staying in the US for a year would be unforgettable. She visited most of US biggest cities such as New York, San Francisco, Boston, Hawaii and some other cities. What an experience to be there. She really enjoyed every bit of time in the US. And moreover, she will be doing the same things this year coz she gets another scholarship to pursue her master degree at Boston University. What a grace. Having been reading these two blogs, I began to dream to go to the US too. I want to see a paradise island and I think I have decided to make ‘going to the US’ as one of my wildest dreams. Someday, if I have enough money, I want to have a vacation in the US. Reading the two blogs also tells me that life is never easy. Mr. Markus and Bu Indri fought hard to get the scholarship and finally they got it. Life is hard, and therefore more efforts are needed. I hope someday I can be like one of my two former lecturers.


Peace



Kristian

6 komentar:

Anonim mengatakan...
Komentar ini telah dihapus oleh pengarang.
Anonim mengatakan...

hai ;p
kabar baik, u gmn?
btw, kemarin malam aku liat di kompas ada scholarship di full bright.
coba lah. di kompas hari minggu kemarin. ada banyak programnya...
i am enjoying coelho's work lately, what do think of his works? what do u think of his similar ideas with Dan Brown about the feminine side of God?

Weni's Blog mengatakan...

I have not read one of Coelho's works. I once read one of his books, not seriously, The alchemist. That was long time ago. It's pretty hard to get kompas here. I'll be looking for it. thank for the info. Undeniably, all religions are so masculine. By doing so, religions seems to undermine the women. I do belive to some extent that God is sexless.

Kristian mengatakan...

I have not read one of Coelho's works. I once read one of his books, not seriously, The alchemist. That was long time ago. It's pretty hard to get kompas here. I'll be looking for it. thank for the info. Undeniably, all religions are so masculine. By doing so, religions seems to undermine the women. I do belive to some extent that God is sexless.

Blog_Na mengatakan...

im nore mature now??? wow, i dont take that as compliment...lol..coz i think i never be childish..anyway,na lpa sendiri kapan Na pernah buat blog ya hehehe. N seneng deh u akhirnya ketemu wex, dia lagi butuh partner tuh buat bahas anything smells literature..

Indri mengatakan...

hi Kristian,

Pa kabar?

My Lit Sister and My Niece

My Lit Sister and My Niece

My Niece and Nephew

My Niece and Nephew
Lucu-Lucu dan Ganteng